Accommodations are set on students in ADAM. If you need to add or adjust accommodations for a single student, you should navigate in ADAM to Rostering | Users to edit the student record.
If you have many students or would like to review the accommodations for the entire school, for example...you can use the Student Accommodation Upload.
- Navigate in ADAM to Rostering | Users
- Search for the students you want to view or update (set the Role filter to 'Students')
NOTE: You could search for all the students in a school, a specific class or just a grade
- Place a checkmark in front of each of the student rows.
NOTE: The checkbox at the top of the page controls a mass selection function.
- Click the vertical ellipses
- Follow the on screen instructions to:
- Download the Roster file (CSV)
- Open and Modify the Roster file by setting accommodation values
- Save (as a CSV) and upload the Roster file back into ADAM
Example of the Roster file
This Roster file was opened in Excel. You should only edit the data in the accommodation columns. In this example, accommodations are found in columns H through N, where Text to Speech is an accommodation for two of the three students.
- Add a '1' to any accommodation cell to enable an accommodation
- Remove the '1' from any accommodation cell to disable an accommodation
NOTE: If you do not have authority to modify certain accommodations...that accommodation label will be designated as locked. Any changes made to the values in those columns will be ignored in the upload.
Example of the Student Accommodation Upload and Update Students via CSV page
NOTE: The Visible Accommodations list is built based on the enabled accommodation types. If you do not have authority to modify certain accommodations...that accommodation will be designated as locked.