The 'reseat session' Action from the Proctor Dashboard logs the student out of their testing session and allows them to log back in.
There are specific reasons why a proctor might need to reseat a student, like the student exited the lockdown browser and is in a 'Breached' state or their computer session expired. There are other non-specific reasons where reseating can resolve an issue a student is having with navigation in the test.
If you are looking for a full understanding of proctor roles and functions of the Proctor Dashboard, here are a few resources from the HelpDesk.
- From the Proctor Dashboard find the student you need to reseat.
How do I Log into the Proctor Dashboard as a Proctor?
How to open the Proctor Dashboard as an Admin in ADAM
- Find the Action buttons on the right side of the page
- Click the 'reseat session' button
- You will receive a warning message, choose the Reseat button to continue
- The student State changes from 'In Progress' or 'Breached' to 'Reseat'
- Your student is notified that they should log back into the test session.