Download Quick Start Guide
This Quick Guide can be used along with the Tutorial, explaining from a student's perspective:
- Learn how to sign into the assessment in the lockdown browser
- Learn how to navigate the assessment from the Welcome to the Review Page.
- Learn about the tools you can use while taking the assessment.
This document is part of a suite of guides and manuals available through Maine DOE for the Spring 2023 Maine Science Assessment, including:
- Accessibility Guide
- ADAM Platform User Guide
- Assessment Administration Manuals,
one each for grade 5, grade 8, and high school
- Device, System, and Lockdown Browser Installation Guide
- Principal and Assessment Coordinator Manual
- Proctor User Guide
- Quick Guide – Starting Your Maine Science Assessment
- Download Key Dates
- Score Interpretation Guide
- Reporting Platform Guide
If questions arise, or if any situation occurs that could cause any part of the science assessment administration to be compromised, Assessment Administrators should contact Krista Averill, Assessment Coordinator at the Maine Department of Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-215-6528.
If, after reading this guide, you still need assistance, contact the Maine Science Support Desk at: https://mescience.zendesk.com.